Currently Browsing: Heidi Ewing
FF2 Associate Editor Jessica Perry asks you to consider these six films by women writers &/or directors (from the full list of films released in NYC theatres in 2016). Note that this list was created in November & will be updated after December 31, 2016.
My Favorite Feature Films of 2016 (2)
- Hello, My Name is Doris (Writer Laura Terruso)
- The Edge of Seventeen (Writer/Director Kelly Fremon Craig)
My Favorite Documentary Films of 2016 (2)
- A Beautiful Planet (Director Toni Myers)
- Norman Lear: Just Another Version of You (Directors Heidi Ewing and Rachel Grady)
My Favorite Foreign Language Films of 2016 (2)
- Neerja (Writer Sanyukta Shaikh Chawla)
- The Red Turtle (Writer Pascale Ferran)
Photo: Sally Field as Doris Miller and Max Greenfield as John Fremont in Hello, My Name is Doris. … read more.
Women Documentarians Reveal Injustice and Hope at the Human Rights Watch Film Festival
By Nora Lee Mandel http://MavensNest.net/movies.html
I used to think of the Human Rights Watch Film Festival as “The Depressing Festival” in coverage over the past nine years. But the programmers more and more balance artistic merit with the sponsoring NGO Human Rights Watch’s exposés of terrible injustices around the world, and even, sometimes, give the audience hope. … read more.