Currently Browsing: eyalro
As an FF2 Media intern, I contribute weekly reviews for The Hot Pink Pen Blog, occasional filmmaker Q+A’s, and run our Instagram account (@ff2media). I’m a 21-year old filmmaker and student from New York. I grew up in New York, attended the Ramaz Upper School, and currently I am a rising junior at Barnard College, Columbia University’s women’s college, where I study Political Science and Film.… read more.
The Powder & The Glory — a PBS documentary now available on DVD — depicts the feud between esteemed makeup icons Elizabeth Arden and Helena Rubenstein. Why is this relevant now? Because War Paint — the new Broadway musical that has been nominated for FOUR Tony Awards — is based on this doc 🙂
The tale of these two women goes all the way back to their childhoods when they were first introduced to the idea of makeup and skin care and how it could impact a woman’s life.… read more.
Dear AMPAS: FF2 Intern Amelie Lasker asks you to consider these nine films by women writers &/or directors for Oscar nominations next month.
Amelie’s Favorite Feature Films of 2017
- Lady Macbeth (written by Alice Birch)
- Lady Bird (written and directed by Greta Gerwig)
- The Big Sick (written by Emily V.
Dear AMPAS: FF2 Associate Katusha Jin asks you to consider these nine films by women writers &/or directors for Oscar nominations next month.
Katusha’s Favorite Feature Films of 2017
- Pop Aye (written & directed by Kristen Tan)
- Beach Rats (written & directed by Eliza Hittman)
- Tommy’s Honour (written by Pamela Marin & Kevin Cook, Directed by Jason Connery)
Katusha’s Favorite Documentary Films of 2017
- Unrest (film by Jennifer Brea)
- Rebels on Pointe (film by Bobbi Jo Hart)
- Heal (film by Kelly Noonan Gores)
Katusha’s Favorite Foreign Language Films of 2017
- No Dress Code Required from Mexico (By Cristina Herrera Borquez)
- After Love from Belgium/France (Written By Fanny Burdino and Mazarine Pingeot
- False Confessions from France (By Luc Bondy & Marie-Louise Bischofberger)
Top Photo From Unrest: Jennifer Brea and Omar Wasow on their bed surrounded by pills.… read more.
Dear AMPAS: FF2 Media Managing Editor asks you to consider these nine films by women writers &/or directors for Oscar nominations next month.
Brigid’s Favorite Feature Films of 2017
- Their Finest (written by Gaby Chiappe & directed by Lone Scherfig)
- Lady Bird (written & directed by Greta Gerwig)
- The Big Sick (co-written by Emily V.